Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stars and Cars

On Tuesday Lucy was finally going to work on her scene at Chambers' that had been canceled 3 times for various reasons. We got up early and left the house in time to battle the rush hour traffic. When we were almost there - on time - Luce got a text canceling AGAIN! Ahh! Soo absurd, this scene is cursed to never be performed! Haha so we had a little more time to ourselves and Luce took us out to chai lattes at a super hip place on Sunset blvd :)
After that we went to pick up Ali from the bus stop! She ended up having a couple extra days without anything on so we got to spend some more time together! We met at Universal Citywalk because the two of us had gotten tickets to see Chelsea Lately with THEO JAMES!! Gahh! He's the star of Divergent which we couldn't wait to see AND he was major heartthrob, Pamuk, on Downton Abbey season 1! We had a yummy Thai lunch - Ali's shout! - and lined up for the show. The three of us had put in some effort to our outfits and we were glad we did because after a couple minutes we got plucked from the middle of the line and put right at the front! So cool! We went into the studios but we weren't allowed to use our phones, so we couldn't take photos :( we did, however, make it onto TV! (Well, the backs of our heads anyway...)
The show went by in a snap! It was hilarious but also incredibly offensive, in true Chelsea Lately style. Theo James was gorgeous! He seemed a little uncomfortable about the whole thing though, we're fairly certain he's not prepared for the insane stardom he's about to be catapulted into! He was really cute and seemed like a genuine guy - we were just so excited to be within a few feet of him! Mission accomplished! Also, Chelsea's little person friend, Chuy, who's on the show threw out stress balls and Han caught one!
The evening was very chill. We watched Roman Holiday, baked muffins, and helped Ali practice for her Skype interview the next day - lovely.

On Wednesday we went to the most BEAUTIFUL beach we've ever been to in the States!!! El Matador State Beach, it was incredible! We've totally found our regular spot!
We went back through Topanga Canyon again to get home and stopped at one of the cute places we'd scoped out last time. 
Luce got the most DELICIOUS ice cream sandwich and everything else in there was so yummy-looking, organic, and expensive. And then we tried to take a selfie with the sun in our eyes and this is what resulted haha!
Ali left that night which was another sad departure, but we all have so much exciting stuff coming up that we knew we'd be distracted in no time!

On Thursday Chambers called us in to help paint the backdrop for his son's play haha. It was a lot of fun and it turned out really well!
Then we went and picked up Tim and Krystle (our cousins visiting from Aus) from their hotel on Hollywood Blvd. We went to Amoeba Music on sunset together then had an AMAZING lunch and even more amazing desserts at Portos! 
We hung out with them at our place for a little while too which was really lovely, then Han went out to Chapman for an audition and a seminar with a panel of casting directors and Luce drove Tim and Krystle to the airport for their flight home.

-- Han --
It was the first time I'd really driven the Sentra and it worked out great! Besides the fact that the traffic was shocking so I ended up being half an hour late. The talk was really interesting though and the audition went really well! I hung out with some friends afterwards and it was great to catch up on everything that's been going on since I left. It was hard to say goodbye, but I headed back feeling very happy with my little trip to Chaptown. The way back in the Sentra was a little more challenging! My phone was almost out of charge so I was nervous about knowing the way home, and I was also kind of driving by Braille because the dash (with the speedometer, temp, and fuel gage) doesn't light up at night! I made it home no worries though, SO excited for Izzy and Sarah to arrive the next night!

-- Luce --
Everything was going smoothly driving Tim and Krystle to LAX after Hannah left for Chapman..! I was driving along in stop-start traffic, and it was finally seeming to thin out so everyone started picking up speed finally.. I sped up a little and then the car in front of me slammed on their brakes and I braked as fast as I could but it wasn't fast enough and I bumped into the car in front of me and rear-ended them! OMG. I was SO shaken and terrified and embarrassed and shocked (not hurt at all because it was really a very little bump - more of a love-tap I'd like to say haha) and I got out of the car to assess the damage. Luckily, the car in front came out of it without a scratch! Amazing! He didn't even ask to exchange insurance info! It was definitely due to the great big tow-bar on the back of his car that managed to mangle the poor Subie :( But with no serious damage to the Subie and no warning lights on the dash, we kept driving and I dropped Tim and Krystle at LAX without any further hitch. They were very sweet when it happened too - I was glad to have them with me even though it was suuuuppperrrr embarrassing haha! Krystle reassured me, saying that she'd been in five car crashes and mine wasn't bad at all! I got home safely and called Mum and Q and told them what happened and they were completely supportive and loving and caring and not at all angry so that was the HUGEST relief. I'm feeling very lucky that I got out of my first ever car accident with so little damage, but I'm also feeling much more aware and I am going to be sure to leave a bigger space between me and the car in front of me next time!! 

So, despite some car trouble across the board, we were both home safe and sound. We went to bed with a long list of to-do's before Izzy and Sarah's arrival at 11:00 on Friday night! SO EXCITED for our week with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment