Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Represent!

We had another crazy/successful day today! We went back into LA for more meetings with agencies! Han had her first meeting at 12:00 and after a bit of a rush to get out of the house and a looong drive, we were there! And it was time for Hannah's first interview...

--Han--
I got there plenty early and went over to the board in the lobby to check which room I had to go to. There was another guy there who was meeting with the same agency - it turned out, at the same time! Soo it looked like I wouldn't be alone! There ended up being four of us interviewed at the same time which, though efficient, didn't seem like the best way to do it.. They were all really interesting people though, and asked some questions I wouldn't have thought of, so it worked out pretty well! The agent really liked my look and, even though my resume's a little bare, she was interested in signing me! It felt great to have a definite interested agency and it also made the next interview easier because I knew what to expect. I met Luce outside and we were on to the next one, feeling extremely lucky and blessed to have OPTIONS for representation!! So surreal!

--Luce--
While Hannah was at her interview I discovered that the Beverly Center shopping mall was only 5 minutes away! Yay! I had been really feeling the need to go shopping so this was the perfect opportunity! I spent some time in Sephora and H&M and bought some really nice stuff, but I quickly realized that I don't really like shopping by myself... It makes me really self conscious! But in no time Han was done with her interview and I raced back to see how it went!!!

--Han & Luce--
After a great de-briefing in the car we were off to the next interview. This time it was for the two of us together! Very exciting!! We arrived at a swanky building and accidentally parked the car ourselves in a valet-only parking lot! Ooops! Luckily the valet guys were really nice and it wasn't an issue at all. 
We went up to the office and waited for the agent to see us (we were a bit early). After a few minutes the agent called us in and our meeting had begun! And it went fabulously! The agent seemed to have a very clear plan for how he was going to market us and play to our strengths. He was a very no-nonsense kind of guy and we got the feeling that if he didn't want to represent us, he definitely would've told us (and he didn't, so yay!!) All in all, we thought that the interview went very well and we're pretty excited about this agency! 

To celebrate all of our hard work starting to pay off, we went to The Cheesecake Factory afterwards to have a delicious piece of cheesecake! Yum! And then it was a long drive back to Corona, and for a while we were stuck in traffic behind THE UGLIEST back-of-a-head we'd ever seen!
Haha we had to change lanes just so we could spare ourselves from watching the balding man twist his dreadlocks... Ewww... 
We finally got back to Corona and relaxed then Luce cooked dinner for the fam (Mum and Q are practically bedridden with the flu, poor things) and Han vacuumed and did the laundry. Pretty sure we're the best kids ever ;) 
Now it's time for a couple episodes of Girls then bed - we need a good night's sleep so we're rested for more interviews tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment