Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wahooooo!!

Yesterday was AWESOME!! Yeee it ended up being a much more eventful day than we'd expected! We woke up at a reasonable time and, around 11:00, both checked our emails to find that... an agency was interested in interviewing both of us!! AHH! YAAAY! We were SO over-the-top excited, we could hardly contain ourselves!!! AND THEN about an hour later, Han got a call from another agent who wanted to meet with both of us together!! Woooo!!! We were stoked! By 12:30 on the day the envelopes would have been delivered, we already had two interviews lined up!
We decided it was high time we went down to the SAG/AFTRA offices and sorted out our eligibility status. We'd gotten our principle contracts back in November but they still hadn't been processed, so, with our fingers crossed, we made the hour and a half trip back into LA to see what we could do. The offices were really beautiful. We got directed to the 7th floor and waited for someone to see us. A little while later, a man came out, asked us for our paperwork and absolutely nothing else, told us to hold on, and disappeared again. About 15 minutes later he was back! He said "there you go" and gave us a little piece of paper with two account numbers on it and that was that! We couldn't believe it!! Too easy - and now it's truly official!!! SAG eligible babyyy! On the way out Luce got ANOTHER call from an agent!! Yeee! He was a commercial agent and wanted to see her the next day (today!). Feeling so happy and confident and ready to rock some interviews this week, we went for a celebratory boba and headed home! On the drive back we had a long overdue and absolutely wonderful conversation with Tim! It was so great to catch up with him and he made the drive pass much quicker - which was great because we desperately needed to pee the whole way back! 
We spent the night watching The Bachelor and Girls, and emailing in some more submissions to other agencies - hopefully we can keep the ball rolling!

Today Luce had her first interview and Han had grand plans of productivity while she was out..

-- Han --
There were about 30 agencies left to contact by email or online, so I sat down to whip them out when - nooooo! The internet wasn't working!! What?! Apparently Time Warner Cable was having some issues (which means no TV either, waahh), so I went with Q to Starbucks to use their wifi aaaaand they must also be on Time Warner - or just having issues. In a last effort to find an oasis of gloriously high (or even low) speed internet, we drove almost half an hour to another Starbucks AND -- nothing. Womp womp. However! On the plus side, I got an email while we were out and about and another agency is interested in seeing me!! YAAYY! Not for another two weeks, though, so I won't be able to update for a while. Anyway, Q and I drove home and, ironically enough, the internet was working again! I banged out some emails buuut it was short-lived, so I'm currently writing the blog on my phone, praying to the internet gods, and waiting for Luce to get back from her interview!! So freakin excited for her!!!

-- Luce --
Oh my goodness what an amazing day! I drove into LA at 11:30 to make it to my 2:00 meeting with plenty of time to spare! I was sooooooo nervous! And to add to the anxiety, by the end of the car trip I was completely busting for the loo!! So I went inside half an hour early and searched for a toilet.. Luckily, I found one on the 6th floor of the building and a woman was nice enough to give me the bathroom key - phewwww! So by 1:45 I was ready at the Agent's office and at 1:50 I knocked on the door and the interview had begun! It went surprisingly well!! The Agent, Elton, was really friendly and he seemed to genuinely like me a lot! He said that I had a "fresh and exotic look" and even though he had originally called me as a commercial client, he was talking about tv shows that I could be on in no time which was so cool! He had some really interesting tips and recommendations and by the end of the interview I felt like he had gotten a good sense of who I am and vice versa :) and the interview ended with him asking me to let him know my decision soon so I feel like the ball is pretty much in my court which is just such an exciting result from my first meeting!! Yay! I left the office very relieved and drove for an hour and a half back to Corona, got a coffee at Starbucks and flirted with a really cute guy, and then got home! Woo! What a wonderful day. Feeling very blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment