Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Bronzed Aussies

Our Friday night ended up being heaps of fun! Although not exactly as planned... Han's date was lovely, but Luce's "party" ended up being really sketchy so she bailed on it and when Han got home the two of us, with no shame whatsoever, had a great little party for two!

Saturday was our first day working at Bronzed Aussie... Aaaand we had to be there at 8:00am, which meant very little sleep for us! We made it there on time and actually felt completely fine - built up some tolerance in Austria perhaps.. Anyway, we were only on for a 4 hour shift and it went really well! We started to learn the basics and get familiar with everything. It was actually surprisingly fun and refreshing to just a have a simple, straightforward job without the pressure and high stakes that seem to surround everything acting related. That and we looked really cute in the apron and caps!
We also got rockin perks like great coffee, caramel slice, and sausage rolls to go.
To go because we were headed out to Mum and Q's for an early Easter dinner! We stopped by Disney on the way and met them in the park for a signle ride - Splash Mountain. We. Got. SOAKED!!!
It was hilarious, but we were so wet - and tired after working in the morning - that we went straight back to Mum and Q's for a sit in the new spa, margaritas, and a delicious Easter feast!!

We couldn't stay long though, as we'd been called in to work at Bronzed Aussie on Sunday too! It was the bakery's 1 year anniversary so Samantha needed all hands on deck - including two cute, young Aussie lads, yay! Luce made the best batch of lamingtons ever and Han charmed some stellar tips out of customers - and besides that, Samantha asked us at the end of the day if we'd like to start working for her officially! Total success!

Monday was a more restful day, although we still kept busy! Han worked out in the morning - first time in three weeks, didn't go amazingly well.. - then we went on our hike and walked to Ralphs to grab groceries for the week. We're really committing to this whole active lifestyle thing and it feels great! When we got home Luce baked a batch of muffins and we went over to watch Game of Thrones with Nick (who we ran into at Central Casting the other day) and his roommates. It was so much fun!! We're hoping to make a bit of a tradition out of it. They were all so easy to get along with and we couldn't ask for better GoT viewing partners! We called it a night fairly early though because Han was starting at Bronzed Aussie at 6:30 the next morning and Luce had been booked for background!

-- Han --
I had a great day at the bakery, learning the ropes and working my butt off. My 4 hour shift turned into a 7 1/2 hour shift and I ended up being there from 6:30 until after 2:00!! It was a pretty quiet day though, so Samantha had me cleaning, then I learned how to make various foods (still haven't graduated to coffees, but hopefully today!), and THEN she sent me to Restaurant Depot to do some shopping!! Eeeeek! My domestic blindness was NOT instantly cured and it took me ages - and quite a bit of help - to find everything.
I managed to wrangle everything into Samantha's car (that I was driving, also terrifying) and made it back to the bakery for the lunchtime rush! It was a great day and when I got home it was still only 3:00! Such a good feeling! It really is nice to be making regular money again.
I had planned on going for a hike or working out but I was buggered so I just sat in the hot tub (which became very eventful upon the arrival of a man who allegedly had just pulled his groin. Lucky for me he didn't attempt to show me the injury!) and snacked more than I should've while I waited for Luce to get home. 

-- Luce --
It was an uneventful but fun day of background for me! I was on the set of a new MTV show and the setting was a theme park on the 4th of July which made for some interesting costumes..! I wore jeans, a patriotic crop top, and a backwards cap and was feeling pretty badass! I walked around with some extra swagger in my step and said things like "Word" and "fo shizzle" hahaha... And despite me acting like a total idiot, I actually made friends with a few really nice girls! So fun. The scenes took a pretty long time to film though, and by 6:00 I just wanted to go home and have dinner! We were fed around 7:30 and we're finally wrapped at 10:30..! Such a long day! I was completely exhausted and not looking forward to waking up at 5:00 to do the morning shift at Bronzed Aussie!! My mood improved a lot when I got home, though, because Han and I split a delicious custard tart and filled each other in on what we'd been up to! Then it was off to bed to try to get some sleep before work in the morning.

-- Han & Luce -- Today Luce had the early Bronzed Aussie shift and Han's working the closing shift tonight! Looking forward to being all trained and on payroll - then it'll be easy to pick up shifts here and there working around our background and auditioning schedules. Lovin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment