Thursday, July 10, 2014

'Merica

It's really been over a year!! The 4th of July in 2013 marked our official moved-out-of-home status and here we are a year later, in rather unexpected but absolutely wonderful circumstances! On the 4th we had such a lovely day! We hung out by the pool with Brian, Brittany, Schwartz, and some other friends all morning, absolutely gorging ourselves on delicious food (including our patriotic masterpiece of a cake!) and enjoying the sunshine.
Around 5:00 it was decision time: party the night away in Beverly Hills or drive out to Newport Beach to meet up with family for some decidedly PG-13 festivities..... We chose option two! We met up with our cousins Sara and Darren and their kids Joya, Rumi, and Liam who were visiting from Chicago, along with their good friends and Mum and Q! It was a lovely evening making s'mores and hanging out with the kiddies! 
Better yet, Han's filming for the webseries got postponed a week so we could go out to Mum and Q's that night for a relaxing weekend away. Mum and Luce headed straight there while Q and Han went back to the apartment to pick up laundry and any other necessary stuff and we all had the most spectacular drive watching fireworks go off all across the city! Amazing!

Saturday and Sunday were the most gloriously lazy and relaxing days. We swam in the pool, lay out in the sun, watched House of Cards (Mum and Q are just as hooked as we were!), did laundry, watched the Tour de France and Wimbledon finale, and had an amazing all-you-can-eat sushi meal at their regular spot! We also had a roast dinner on Sunday with the neighbors and Han got to meet them which was lovely too. Just the weekend we needed after a hectic few weeks!

The fun just continued on Monday though! We met Sara, Darren and the kids in Disney for a HUGE day of magic and happiness - SO much fun going to Disney with little ones, we truly had a wonderful time!
We finished the night with the best seats in the house for Fantasmic and watched the fireworks over the castle as we left the park, just perfect! Then we said our goodbyes and headed home to LA for a short (but hopefully productive) week!

Tuesday was a chill, catch-up day at home, which was nice but we're getting a little restless with background work being so unreliable! Yesterday, though,  we hit the ground running with us both booked for background! Han was on The Thundermans again and Luce was on a show called Richie Rich.

-- Han -- 
It was my last day doing background on the Thundermans (because I'm a "must join" status with the union I'm not allowed to work SAG/AFTRA contracts for background anymore. So sad!) but it was maybe the best day yet! 
They were doing an episode with the cast of The Haunted Hathaways and JT was on set!! Woo! And two of my girl friends from background, Cierra and Savannah, were there too, so fun! It was also for a Halloween episode so we all got to play dress-up too! 
I fake chatted to some people, tried not to fall over while I walked in my veeery-limiting-but-really-fun mermaid costume, danced to music that wasn't playing, and had some real laughs on set - it was time for lunch before I knew it! I hung out in the lounge with JT and the other cast members which was pretty cool and they were all super nice!
Another hour and a half on set and we were wrapped! Woo!! It was only 4:45 so I went over to try on my cheerleading costume that was back from the tailors aaaaand..... It fit PERFECTLY!! YAAYY! I'm so, so happy about that! I'm filming tomorrow and Saturday and I can't wait! 
I came home for about 45 minutes then went back out to go to a bible study/church thing with JT and his friends. It's been such a while since we went to church that it took me a little while to get into it, but the pastor guy was a great speaker and really funny. I'll definitely go back! It also didn't hurt that I've literally never seen so many gorgeous guys in their early 20s under one roof, like wow..! When I got home we watched some GG and hit the sack, it was SUCH a huge day!

-- Luce --
On Wednesday I worked background for a new kids show, Richie Rich, which is a remake of the old movie and cartoon! It was pretty adorable - I played a milkshake bar patron, so cute! It was a relatively uneventful day on set though, a lot of sitting around and waiting..! When we did finally get on set the little kids in the show were so funny and talented that I found myself just watching them instead of pantomiming in the background! Hilarious. I was wrapped around 8 so I raced home to make a tasty dinner and veg out :)

-- Han & Luce --
Today we'd hoped to be working but, unfortunately, no go. We've had a great morning filling out job applications and submitting for auditions, so it's still been a work day, just one with delayed profits! We're planning on having a yummy dinner with Brittany a little later and hopefully we'll both get booked for tomorrow, fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment