Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The LAST week of our teens..!!!

How crazy!!! Today is the last day of this DECADE of our lives!!!!! We've had a lovely last week and have already kicked off the birthday celebrations!

-- Han --
On Wednesday I had a real acting gig and it felt pretty amazing! I was working on a short film that someone I knew at Chapman was directing and it was a really cool project! We were filming on location at a summer camp waaayy up in the hills in Malibu - the drive was actually slightly terrifying, but the view was fantastic! I was playing the role of camp counsellor to the lead girl, played by Ally, a total sweetheart! We really clicked and hanging out/getting to know each other made the day super fun, the hours flew by!
The film consisted of five scenes, and I was in three - which meant a lovely mix of down time and on screen time. The cameras, audio, and lighting were all really professional - as were the crew - so it really felt like a legitimate job (even though I wasn't getting paid) and I'm hoping the footage is good enough to use for my reel! It was truly a great day; I learned a lot, had fun, and remembered what I'm out here to do and how much I love acting.

Thursday, Friday, and yesterday were all really nice chill days for me. I ran a ton of errands, took myself out for coffees and book-club-of-one, submitted for auditions, hung with Brittany by the pool, planned our birthday extravaganza(s) aaaand I may have watched a couple (okay, several) hours of Sherlock - the new best show EVER! Cumberbatch is sooo dreamy!!

-- Luce --
On Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday I was recalled for the same show - 'Transparent' and it was so much fun! Wednesday and Thursday we were filming at Paramount Studios so it was nice and close and the set was indoors in the air conditioning thank goodness! Friday was outside and it was suuuuper hot but it only ended up being a four hour day which was awesome. A great perk to working so many days on the same show was that I also had the chance to chat with a lot of the cast and crew which was so cool! A definite highlight was talking to Melora Hardin who played Jan on The Office!! So freakin amazing! She was really nice and so funny - the scene was her showing me and another guy around her house and she was improvising the most hilarious stuff! Ahhh I loved it. And to make it all even cooler, yesterday when I was on set she remembered me and gave me a huge smile and waved and said hi! How lovely! :) 

Yesterday was my last day on the show and it was a long one! We were filming a funeral scene outside in the sun for 13 hours.. Whatta day! Luckily there was some shade and a slight breeze so it wasn't as bad as the days when we've had to sit in a stadium in the sun for ages! I also had a fun time because I was paired with a fake husband and fake child (who was 9! How old did they think I was?! Haha) so I got to play pretend with them for the day. When we were finally wrapped I was so excited to go home and veg out and do nothing!

-- Han & Luce --
The weekend absolutely sped by and was HEAPS of fun! Saturday was our day of celebrations with mum and Q. They came into LA, picked us up, and took us to a matinee of We Will Rock You - a suuuper fun musical based around Queen songs! It was hilarious and the performances were incredible, such a talented group of actors! We've missed live theatre so much!! 
After the show we wandered around and had drinks while we waited for our dinner reservation.
7:00 finally came around and we went to Patina to have the most AMAZING degustation dinner imaginable! Ahhh it was 6 courses of HEAVEN! SO decadent, finishing with a to-die-for peanut butter tart. Yum!!
After dinner we came back to our place and Mum and Q came up to give us some little goodie bags, (featuring some delicious snacks, baking treats, and portable phone chargers!) amazing!

On Sunday we slept in and then Luce had an audition. Han waited at a coffee shop on the way while Luce headed to the address in LA.... By LA, they apparently actually meant COMPTON!!! Gaahh! (For those who don't know, that's one of the scariest areas in LA - which is saying something..!) 
While Han sipped her cappucino Italiano and read her book in a lovely cafe Downtown, Luce locked the doors, chucked a U-ey, and bailed on the audition - waayy too sketchy to get involved with that project! 
We made a birthday-related reservation on our way home and made ourselves a yummy dinner before heading out again to go to Mosaic for church.

Today we swapped roles from last week's routine so Luce was hanging out at home while Han was on set - it was exactly what we both needed!

-- Han --
Today I was working on a movie that must remain untitled if I want to share the pictures (which I do cuz they're adorable!) and there were only five extras! Nice! We were dressed up in the cutest preppy, private school outfits and felt like a kick butt remix of Breakfast Club asking to happen.
I was also channeling my inner Serena Van Der Woodsen (from Gossip Girl) and Wishing I was Fleur Delacour (Harry Potter) haha so fun!
It was a super easy day and I got along great with the girls - we were wrapped before we knew it! I made it home before 5:00, woo!!

-- Luce --
I must've been pretty exhausted from working so much because today I slept until 12:30!! Crazy! It's been a cruisey day for me - lounging around watching Sherlock till Han got home.. Then on to new adventures..!

-- Han & Luce --
After Han got home today we only had a little while at home before we went out to an Australians in Film event Han heard about from the Aussie Consul-General. It was a screening at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood of 6 short films created by Aussies. A couple of them were really good! It was great to sit in a room full of people who were all laughing at the same, uniquely and undeniably Australian jokes. There was a lovely little mixer afterwards where we met some great people and got invited to another fun event Thursday night! We said our goodbyes and headed back to the gate we came in through aaaaaand.. It was shut! Whaaa?!! Errrmm... Okay.. We had no idea what to do! We went inside to find another exit, knocked on the security office thing, looked around for a button to push - nothing. After about 10 minutes of priiiime goon squad antics, Luce had the killer observation that there was probably an us-sized gap below the gate. True to form, it was Han that tested out the observation and, lucky for her, Luce was right!
Luce shimmied under as well and we were off! HA! Hilarious.. 
Our last night as teenagers, might as well do something slightly absurd! We went out to a cafe nearby for dessert, a sort of last hoorah, and shared an amazing piece of apple pie and a wonderful almond/plum cake! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment