Thursday, August 21, 2014

Workaholics

It's been a big week and a half! Sorry about the prolonged silence - we've been super busy!!

On Tuesday we both worked on Last Man Standing, the sit-com Tim Allen stars in, and had a really fun day. We were playing football fans and we sat RIGHT NEXT TO TIM ALLEN! So. Cool. The day went by pretty quick and we were wrapped! 
On Wednesday we threw it back to the 80's on the Goldbergs!! SO fun to wear 80's get up and get our hair done - rockin the leg warmers and ponytail!
We were on set with a couple awesome people, so the long day flew by!

Thursday we had the day off and we walked to ihop for brunch and used our other free meal vouchers! YUM! Cinnamon swirl brioche French toast and eggs benny, amazing! Besides that we just hung out and cleaned da flat!

On Friday morning we got up bright and early and went over to Chambers' studio bright and early to help him screen test the commercials in his new book! It was a super successful morning and a really great opportunity to practice our commercial acting skills.
After that, Luce headed out to Mum and Q's for a relaxing weekend and Han went over to babysit Jack and Ellie again. 

-- Han --
The kids were heaps of fun and absolutely hilarious. Jack - this is him:
Was extreeeemely inventive when it came to excuses for going to sleep. My favourite by far was: I caaaan't go to sleep because I don't know how to close my eyes. He committed to that too! But eventually all was well, kids were asleep, and the rents came home.
The night was yet young! I got a text from Sully that she and a couple friends were at the Grove for sprinkles cupcakes and a movie - too great of a chance to pass up!
After our cupcakes (mine was raspberry, delish) we headed in to an 11:40 showing of Let's Be Cops. It was actually really funny! Such a lovely, spontaneous night! I didn't get to bed until about 3:00 though, after showering and getting everything ready for work the next (well, same) morning, but I had no regrets! 

On Saturday I was up at  5:30 to make it to set by 6:45. Ahhh sooo earlyyyy!!! I was working a movie the a couple of my friends from Champan were on crew for, though, so that was an added incentive to get outta bed! It was great to see my mates and the scene was fun and super short - and I got a really featured bit!! Success! I did have to make out with a total stranger BUT he was completely gorgeous so it was really a win-win.
I went home after I was wrapped, had a rockin little nap, and then met back up with the gang for dinner at a brewery in Glendale after they'd finished up! It was SUCH a fun group of people, and we kept the party going afterwards at Cooper's place for drinks and a late night swim. Perfect Saturday night!

On Sunday I had a chill morning, made myself a scramble for brekkie, worked on the screenplay I've started writing, and went down to the pool to swim some laps!
Rockin the goggles, I know. While I was down there I found the coolest squirrel in the world:
That night I walked to the taco truck down the street for some seriously good street food! Had two particularly special moments:
1) tried to snap a sneaky pic of the truck, pretending to text, acting all nonchalant aaaaand the flash was on...
2) I evidently need to work on my Spanish. I was order #39, the lady called "treinta y ocho" and I crossed my fingers and went up. Ooops, not my number..! 2 mins later she calls: "thirty niiine" 
My mouth was burning from the world's spiciest salsa (which nevertheless didn't detract from the amazingness of the tacos) so I met up with Sully for froyo down the street, yum! She came over afterwards and we hung out and watched a dodgey movie on Netflicks, love that gal to pieces! 
I fared surprisingly well on my weekend without Luce - great friends are most definitely the next best thing!

On Monday morning I did a little photoshoot thing for the webseries I filmed a little while back which was cool, and then Luce was back!

-- Luce --
I had an absolutely lovely relaxing weekend out with Mum and Q! It was so nice to have a little escape from the hustle and bustle of LA. 
Friday night was movie night with the neighbours and we all had a fab time watching Tangled under the stars! :)
On Saturday Mum, Q, and I went out to brunch at a cute place nearby that they hadn't tried yet and it was amaaaazing! I had a 'California Benedict' which had turkey and avocado on it and ohmygosh it was delish. The rest of the day was spent hanging out, introducing Mum & Q to the awesomeness that is Sherlock, and chilling in the pool. So lovely!
Sunday was another relaxing day of hanging out and going shopping with Mum - gotta love that quality time! I also washed and folded an obscene amount of laundry haha, fun times.. On Monday morning I packed up the Sentra with all the clothes and headed back to LA feeling very refreshed after such a great weekend!

-- Han & Luce --
We did afternoon tea with Sully at a little place called Aroma Cafe, really cute! Ran some errands, Han was full steam ahead on the screenplay, and then we had Mexican again for dinner - amaaahzinggg!!

Tuesday this week Han had a super easy/short day on NCIS and Luce had a looong day on a new MTV Pilot called Scream. We finished the day with blueberry muffins and Gossip Girl, perfection!

Yesterday we were on The Mindy Project, working at Universal Studios. It was yet ANOTHER easy day, what a great streak (well, for Han at least)! We made it to set EXACTLY on time, like zero minutes to spare, and spent the day on the Hollywood backlot pretending we were in NYC!
It was such a fun set to be on and it didn't hurt that it was only about a 6 hour day! Yay!

Today we're on set together again, back on Major Crimes. We had all day to ourselves to hang out and grocery shop because we weren't called until 7:30pm!! We're actually on set right now, in a suuuper fancy house pretending to be at a high school party - wish this is actually what high school parties were like!!! Well, except that there'd be real music/food/drinks going on..! 
We've been told there's not too much to shoot, so with a little luck we'll be wrapped and back home for a good night's sleep!

Tomorrow Han's working on Scandal and Luce has the day off. What jam-packed and super-lucky lives we lead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment