Friday, October 11, 2013

Livin' that Cali College Life! :)

-- Hannah --
These last couple weeks have been crazy busy! I've gotten into a great routine and the time's flying by. Some days I sleep in, some I go do homework by the pool, I've been auditioning at Dodge - I got my first callback! YAY! I didn't get the role but it was a step in the right direction! - and I'm learning heaps in my classes. Two weekends ago on Friday night I watched Present Laughter, the first play of the season at Chapman, and it was really good! The acting was great and the show was super funny. Sierra and I went out to a couple parties afterwards and had a great time with some of her sorority sisters. On Saturday, there was a Cirque du Soleil acting/dance workshop on campus which was awesome! We learned about the give and take of energy and being connected to your scene partner - and we also clowned around a bit and played with slapstick comedy. There are just so many cool opportunities here! Sunday was a lazy morning, and I had every intention of doing homework and being productive before a spontaneous Disney trip beckoned! I went in with a few friends and it was a great afternoon! 
We rocked out to ACDC in the car on the way there, did all the big, thrilling rides, hoped to see Steve Carell cause he was there that day (but didn't), and finished the arvo off with Indiana Jones - so cool! It was my first time in Disney without Luce, though, which was a little tough. Two weeks was a long time to be apart! We got back to Chapman around 7:30 and I left for church at 8:30! It's such a great group of people that go and it seems to grow every week! This time Sierra and Matthew came with and it was so nice to share the experience with them.
I had a pretty uneventful week, gearing up for midterms and writing papers, then last Friday night I went to a Delt party with some theatre and dance friends at "The Bayou". 
I learned when I got there that the house got its nickname because the pool is so terrifyingly dirty and murky, with leaves and random objects in it (I'm pretty sure a chair was lost forever in there...), that it looks kinda like a swamp and everyone's afraid to go in it! Haha at least they have a sense of humor about it! It wasn't a super late night, though, because the next day Luce and I were hitting up, you guessed it.... DISNEYLAND!


-- Luce --
Oh my goodness it's been a crazy couple of weeks!!! In the last week of September I did my final performance of my Autodrama and it went well - I got a really good grade and was voted one of the best in my class! :) 
The day after that was my first time ever seeing myself on tv!! It was on the second episode of New Girl and I was so excited!!!!! Ah!

On the Thursday of that week I ushered for the show that my theatre program was putting on and I actually had a really fun time! It was kinda cool to be the person checking tickets and showing audience members where to go! I also had some time to bond with some of the people that I hadn't talked to very much out of class which was lovely.
The night after that I went to a friend's 21st birthday party in Hollywood! He rented out a hotel suite on Hollywood Blvd and invited heaps of people! It was really fun for a while until hotel security showed up because there had been noise complaints! Oops!! So they proceeded to kick everyone out of the room which was pretty stressful.. We all hung out by the pool for a bit and then decided to go our separate ways. When I left I went out and got some calming tea with a friend and then went home around 2:00 in the morning - it was a great night!
The next day I had to wake up at 5:30 to get ready to be on the set of Veep by 8! Oh my gosh I did not enjoy only getting 3 hours of sleep! I was exhausted but it was still an amazing day on set!! The cast of Veep were so funny and I think I definitely made it into the shot which is cool! I also got to shake Julia Louis-Dreyfus' hand like 10 times in the scene! Ah it was so awesome - I was starstruck! Another cool thing was that I made friends with a guy who looks EXACTLY like young Leonardo DiCaprio..! I literally couldn't stop staring at him haha :)
Then on Sunday I went to church and MeMe couldn't go which was sad but I organized to meet some of my other school friends there.. But just as I got to the church my friends texted me saying that they actually had to stay home and study that night! Oh no! So I was there alone!! Usually I would have completely freaked out, but I just took a deep breath and decided that I was going to be okay! And, as luck would have it, I was getting some coffee and a nice guy started chatting with me and it turned out that we were both there alone so we decided to sit together! So everything was fine - phew!! I got home that night feeling ready to face the week and also feeling very confident and independent! Yay!
The next week was really rough for both Han and me because we were having some serious separation anxiety! We decided that 2 weeks is far too long for us to stay apart!!
On Thursday Emily, MeMe, and I all went to see the premiere of Don Jon and it was hilarious! Joseph Gordon-Levitt was great and a bunch of scenes were filmed at my school!!! It was crazy!! The girls and I were so excited! The next time we got to school we went to all of the places they had filmed at!! (This was one of them!)

That Friday I ushered again and had some great girl talk with my friend Alicia - it was very therapeutic! :)
Then it was the weekend and I saw Han again!!!!!! Woohoooo!!!!!!


-- Han and Luce --

Saturday was another fun Disney day! It also happened to be Gay Day, which was unexpected, so everyone was wearing red for LGBT pride/awareness. We watched this cute Tangled show with a guy who looked EXACTLY like Flynn Rider it was crazy - unfortunately, he was a bit of a mumbler or maybe drunk? Hopefully not haha but his performance wasn't super compelling. The two narrator guys were hilarious, though, and Rapunzel was perfect! We snuck away from Disney for a couple hours to have lunch at Chapman (including the world's most amazing peanut butter-banana Jamba Juice creations) and do an open call audition together at Dodge.We went back to Disney, we're terrified on Space Mountain again, and - because we just love it - watched Aladdin. We sat right down the front, swooned over Aladdin, and giggled at a hilariously inappropriate moment when one of the guards meant to push Aladdin's shoulder but actually just slapped him right on the man boob hahaha. After that we decided to do a late night Grizzly River Rapids! Apparently 5 years is about long enough to forget how SOAKED you get on that ride!! We were in a raft with this group of Portuguese people, all of us shrieking and getting sloshed with water - too funny. Luce then made quite the fashion statement and changed into Han's sporty shorts she was wearing under her skirt with her cute black blouse, kind of two worlds colliding, but it didn't even matter. We left a little later and crashed at Lucy's place.

On Sunday we had another photo shoot which went really well and was super fun! We'll post pics once he sends them to us. The best part of the weekend, though, was going to Mosaic. The pastor, Erwin, talked all about happiness and how to become happy and it was just incredible, exactly what we needed to hear! Feeling inspired, we drove to Chapman and said goodbye - which wasn't a terribly sad one because we knew we'd be seeing a lot of each other this week because Q's in town! YAY!! This week's excitement will be in a new post, though, and (G'pa, this is for you) we promise to try to be better about updating more regularly!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment