Monday, September 23, 2013

Well, we lasted 5 days!

-- Han --
I had a really good week of classes and socializing, with a few extra exciting highlights!! On Monday there was a theatre event at my school called Word Theatre and two actresses came to read short stories by this great author Jill McCorkle. The best part was: one of the actresses was Lesley Nicol who plays Mrs. Patmore on DOWNTON ABBEY!! AND I GOT TO MEET HER!!! It was so amazing, she's just as spunky in real life as she is on the show!
On Tuesday, I had three auditions for student films at Dodge and it was so hectic and amazing to go from audition to class to audition to class. It gave me a sense of what it might be like to juggle everything once I'm out in the real world and I LOVED it! The three films were each very different too: a horror film, a western, and a coming of age story. I didn't end up getting any of the roles, but each audition feels stronger and stronger and it's great experience for sure. 

When I got back to my room that night, pretty late, I had an incredible care package of goodies waiting for me from mum and Q!! It was perfect! Just what I needed, a little love, a taste of home, and a restocking of my food drawer!
I had two more auditions on Friday and other than that my classes have been great and are definitely getting more and more interesting; it was a really good week!

-- Luce --
I had a great week! On Monday I performed my Autodrama - a 5 minute play about my life - and I was super nervous! Luckily, over the weekend I had a lot of help from Hannah and MeMe and so I wasn't feeling too bad! I was performing 3rd that day and it went really well!! My teacher had very positive things to say and it seemed like all of my classmates loved it - what a relief! That success in class put me in a great mood for the rest of the week, which was relatively uneventful..! I was acting in a lot of my other classmates Autodramas so it was really fun to get on stage and help them out. I also got my care package from Mum and Q and it was exactly what I needed!
On Friday I worked on the set of a new TV show called Bad Teacher and it was really fun! Kristin Davis (Charlotte from Sex in the City) is a lead on the show and I walked past her in the hallway and she smiled at me and I smiled back and it was amazing!!! I was so starstruck! I also talked to one of the lead actors and he was very friendly and gave me a hug at the end of the day - so so cool! Definitely one of the most exciting days on set so far :)

-- Han and Luce --
On Saturday morning we were texting each other, missing each other, and both looking at having a pretty quiet day until - spur of the moment, Luce decided to come drive out and spend the afternoon/evening with Han in Disney!! It was so spontaneous and fun, we saw Mickey's Magical Map and Aladdin, went on rides, had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe with what was left of our birthday voucher, and went on the terrifyingly re-vamped Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy.

It was a lovely top up and we both had productive Sundays and went to church in the evening! Han went to one in Costa Mesa called Rock Harbor which was very similar to Mosaic and really incredible! They were doing baptisms for anyone there that felt the urge and Chase just went for it, it was so cool to be a part of. The group of COPA people who went together all sat around chatting until 2:00am when we got back, such a special night! 

Luce went to Mosaic again with MeMe and three friends from her class and had a wonderful time. She and her friends signed up to help the church and the community and it's all very exciting! It was the perfect way to get centered and ready for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment