Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Time Flies :)

-- Hannah --
The last two weeks have flown by! I started off last week with a super fun Monday night - I sat around with JT, Laynie, and Megan, three of my besties at Chapman, and played guitar and sang (I mostly listened but still.. haha) it was so relaxing and fun, one of those really special ordinary moments. The week continued with the craziness of midterms, papers, a couple auditions at Dodge, and an acting workshop with one of the professors.
Friday night was great! After making it through a busy week, I went to a Greek life fundraiser called Air Bands in which all the sororities and fraternities team up to do dance/lip-syncing numbers. It was hilarious and there were a couple obvious standouts - one group did an exact recreation of the Thriller video clip and one fraternity that's not really a fraternity did this bizarre non-performance to What Does the Fox Say (they pretty much just walked/rolled around on  stage, ate some twizzlers, and played on their phones haha too funny). The frats and sororities get pretty into it, though, so it was fun to watch, and Sierra was in the dance for Gamma Phi Beta so it was nice to watch and support her! After that we went over to Megan and Laynie's room and about seven of us piled onto one bed and we watched Hercules. It was perfect!
On Saturday I caught the train to see Luce! YAY! We spent the rest of the weekend together and it was a really lovely getaway from some stress and drama going on on campus.

-- Lucy --
Ahhh what a busy couple of weeks! Last week was an onslaught of midterms, performances, and papers! Luckily, I did well on all of my tests - thank goodness! And in acting class I had my first run through of my "clone scene" - a two minute scene with no dialogue where everyone is split into pairs. The pairs then make a scene for one person and they split the stage in half so it's an exact replica on both sides, then when acting out the scene, one partner is on each side and they act out the scene simultaneously, making all the same movements - the main complication is that one side has props and the other doesn't! It's hard to explain, but it was really difficult - especially just getting in sync with my partner. Also because we had to be cloned down to the finest details - like how far apart our feet were on the floor and the tiniest of hand movements and stuff like that! Ah, it was crazy but really fun and my partner Marco and I ended up getting great feedback.
After a hectic week at school I did background work on Friday. It was on "The Middle" and I had a wonderful time! I saw some friends from background that I hadn't seen in a while and there was also some amazing food which I looovvveeeddd! :) Oh, and it was filming at Warner Bros. Studios which is always cool. After that I went home and chilled out, very excited to see Han the next day!

-- Han and Luce --
On Saturday we went to the Beverly Center which was the most beautiful shopping mall we'd ever seen! Luce got some glamorous Clinique makeup and a cute dress at Macy's and we both got our free Godiva truffle of the month and wished we could have a dozen more! After that we visited MeMe at The Grove and got a cupcake each from sprinkles to have for dessert later. Luce made THE BEST dinner for us when we got home - couscous, grilled lemon and herb chicken, and roasted sweet potato - and we watched Magic Mike before falling into bed, exhausted after a busy week. On Sunday, Han's friend Laynie caught the train into LA to come to Mosaic with us! We went and had lunch at Pink's before going to the 1:00 service.
 Mosaic was as wonderful and inspiring as ever, and the three of us got free fish tacos afterwards, went to boba, and strolled down Hollywood Blvd - we even ran into Meryl!
Luce drove Laynie and Han back to Chapman and we buckled down for another big week of schoolwork!

-- Han --
This past week was even more academically challenging than the last! I had three midterms and a performance in my acting class. A highlight amidst the craziness was a 1:00am trip out to get boba with JT after making the best studyguide ever for Performing Techniques. I felt great about all my midterms at the end of it all, so now I'll just have to wait and see what the results are! The other exciting news from the week is that I got roles in two different productions at Dodge! YAY!! I'm super excited to be able to get in front of a camera and, even though the roles are pretty small, I'm feeling great that I've finally gotten a couple after plugging away and auditioning for everything I can. I have a callback for another role tonight, so hopefully I can keep the momentum going! They film this coming weekend, so I'll write all about it in the next post! This last weekend was really lovely, too, because Mum and Q were here to house-hunt! Woo!! It was really great to be back together, even if only for a couple days :)

-- Luce --
Luckily in this past week I haven't had too much academic stuff going on - midterms pretty much ended last week! I did have the final performance of my clone scene and it was great! (and don't worry - the blood and black eyes were all part of the scene haha!)
I also had a little midterm conference with my acting teacher and that went really well too - he had nothing but nice things to say! Yay! Other than that, I've just been cooking up a storm making all sorts of yummy things! Spaghetti squash is my latest obsession :) Really, though, this week was all about the lead up to see Mum and Q on the weekend! Woohoo!

-- Han and Luce --
We looked at houses all day Friday and Saturday and ended up finding the most PERFECT home! Yeeee!! Now all we have to do is get it - no small task, but fingers crossed it all goes smoothly! We also revisited the delicious Thai restaurant because we just had to share it with Mum and we went out to Olive Garden on Saturday night. It was a really easy going couple days and it was veeerrryyyy nice to sleep in the lovely hotel beds! On Sunday we had a lazy morning and went to lunch at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney. It was such a tease not to be able to go into the parks all together but we're looking forward to next time when Mum and Q are out for good and the Christmas overlay is up, so magical! We all went back to our separate places and Luce and I had homework - Luce also had a performance to prepare for today! So exciting! Han gets an extra outing with Mum today, so lucky! They're getting sushi and potentially shopping for a Halloween costume, can't wait! It was a great weekend and we know the time's going to fly by up till Thanksgiving then Christmas!! YAY! We're over the halfway point of the semester and looking forward to some wonderful holidays and relaxation in the not-too-distant future!


No comments:

Post a Comment