Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Crazy Halloweek

We got the photos from our last shoot! Here're our faves:
-- Han --
This week was CRAZY busy in the most fun way possible! On Monday night mum and I went out to shop for a Halloween costume (which we didn't end up getting but we had a giggle anyway) and had Thai for dinner again at our usual spot. Tuesday marked the start of a waaayyyy too rigorous workout plan that personal trainer JT is helping Megan, Laynie, and me with to get fit. We did this crazy leg workout - involving soo manyyy burpeeeees! - and I swear my legs are still sore almost a week later. It felt good though and we're excited to be committing to getting healthy and working off that freshman 15 we've got going. Thursday was Halloween and it was one crazy night at Chaptown! I had some important stuff happening on Friday, though, so I opted for a much more tame approach: trick or treating then a movie night with my girlfriends! We had a great haul of candy and it was just a silly, fun night!
On Friday I had class in the morning then a performance of a scene for the Junior directing class at 12:30! It was really lovely, it was my second one that I've done and it went really well, I was very happy with my performance and proud of my scene partners. From there I went straight to my first ever Chapman film! I was playing the ghost of a woman who had killed her children then herself, pretty morbid stuff, and it's a recurring little series so I'll get to work on it again next semester! It was a super fun cast and crew, they ordered us Chipotle for lunch which was awesome, and I was rockin some seriously freaky makeup!
It was a big afternoon - including some AMAZING news: Mum and Q successfully bought their dream house!! YAY! We can't wait for them to move out for some much needed fam time and homecooked meals!

On Saturday, mostly recovered from Tuesday and having skipped out on the workout on Halloween, I made it to the gym with the gang. We went to the big gym on campus for the first time and it was intimidating to say the least! Hahaha the three of us girls were a little on the pathetic/embarrassing side but we made it through our back and shoulders workout with only a few extra special moments (one of which involved putting our feet in these ropes so they were a few inches off the floor, then doing push ups... I was actually pretty proud of myself! I managed to do a total of 24!). The rest of the day was restful because I was saving my energy up for an exciting night!
I was ushering for American Celebration, a big fundraising Gala for Chapman scholarships, with my friends and it was the best excuse to get all dressed up!!
It's a huge event with cocktails, a performance by some of the students, and a decadent dinner in a beautiful and extravagant tent. I had a couple friends in the show, so we snuck in to watch after ushering and they did a great job! So proud of them!
After AmCel Luce arrived at Chapman for a night on the town! As always, it was so great to have her here! :)

Skipping ahead to Sunday night, I had my second film!! It was called Ugly Person With a Cause about a woman, Charlotte, who's fighting for ugly people's right to play the villain in films. It was a funny script and I had a small role towards the end as the makeup artist that makes Charlotte look like a hag when she finally gets a role. It was an incredible learning experience and it felt so great to be in front of a camera and have lines! It was an awesome taster of having a role on a real set, so much fun!!

-- Luce --
Wow, what a week!! School has been getting more and more intense and I don't even know how I'm getting everything done! On Monday my voice class started a whole new exercise which was equal parts exciting and terrifying because it was so different to what we'd been doing in the past 10 weeks..! But I am finally starting to get a good grasp on it now thank goodness! In acting class everyone did their Animal projects - an assignment where we all go and observe different animals and then choose one specific one (mine was a Hummingbird) to imitate for the class. We had 3 minutes each and that was divided into some time acting as the animal on stage - noises and all! - and some time delivering a monologue where the character keeps a lot of the animal's characteristics. I had a great time doing it and, somewhat surprisingly, really enjoyed writing my monologue! I was a shallow sorority girl who had really bad party anxiety and it was so much fun! Also, I got very few notes from my teacher which is always a relief!

One thing that made last week a little more challenging than usual was that I had to usher 3 times for my school's production of Death of a Salesman..! It wasn't too bad because we could either watch the show (which was 3 hours long) or sit in a different room and do homework :) But it was still spending 13 hour days at the school which was pretty rough - took me back to the good old days of doing the shows at AB and spending all of my time at school!!

Friday was a great day because I was on the set of the new show "Ground Floor" and it was one of the best background days I've ever had! They were filming one of the last scenes of the last episode and all I'll say is that it was on a really pretty set and I got the cutest outfit ever from wardrobe! There was such amazing energy on set and everyone was smiling and people were showering me with compliments so I loved it haha! Oh, and I also got to see Skylar Astin from Pitch Perfect and he was gorgeous and funny - nothing like some good eye candy to brighten your day!

Saturday was a day of ushering and chores and freaking out about all of the stuff I had to do! Luckily, I was headed to Chapman that night to see Han - a welcome distraction from the overload of work that was on my plate!

-- Han and Luce --
We were SO excited for an opportunity to dress up (because Halloweekend was still in full swing) and we settled on going out as Sandy and Rizzo from Grease!
We went out to a couple parties then couldn't resist a late night run to get boba at a tea bar nearby, it was perfect! We hit the sack already looking forward to a Sunday in Disneyland!

It felt like ages since we went with Q! We mostly did California Adventure this time, went on a couple rides, met Mr. Incredible, and saw THE BEST performance of the Aladdin stage show we'd EVER SEEN! And that's saying something!! The genie made the show, he was INCREDIBLE! Great singer, SO funny. Han was also completely convinced that Aladdin was played by the director of her first directing scene, he looked EXACTLY like him, buuuut in response to a "OH MY GOSH did you play Aladdin in Disneyland today?!" text, Han got a "Nope, I was just sittin on my couch..." hahaha deeerrrp.... It was a compliment though because Aladdin was super cute and the show was just great!
We called it a day pretty early because Luce had heaps to do for her upcoming performances at LACC and Han had to get back to Chapman for her second film of the weekend! It's not getting easier to say goodbye, but we know we're sure to see each other next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment