Thursday, May 15, 2014

Nailed it..

Not too much to report from the last few days: recovering from the amazingness of our Lena Headey encounter, shopping, errands, background work, auditions, and an extremely embarrassing move on set by Han! Eeeek!
The two auditions:
1) Luce: On Tuesday I had an audition for a Samsung commercial and it was really fun!! I got there and found myself surrounded by very tall thin models so that was a bit of a surprise..! But I took it all in stride and I think it went quite well. All I had to do was tell a story that was 30 seconds long to the camera so I told the story of this past New Year's and how adorable Will was when his wish was "to be cool"! Ha, the casting panel seemed to love it and I left with a smile on my face! 
2) Today our photographer friend Yosh held auditions for the pilot episode of his webseries! We both auditioned for the same role and it went really well - we each got a callback on the spot! Woo!! It feels so great to have lines to memorize and a character to explore, even just for an audition, so hopefully one of us gets the role and has a regular little gig going!

The one 'special' moment:
1) Han: I did background work on Wednesday and it was around 10:30 at night and I'd avoided coffee like a champ, so my awareness and ability to deal with unexpected situations were both somewhat compromised. We were outside doing a big 'at the town fair' type scene, and I'd been told to a long cross at the very start of the scene behind all the action. We went through it once, no dramas, then just as I started to go back to my original place they started rolling again!! Ahh! I knew I had to hurry to make it back so I ran in front of EVERYONE to my spot - meanwhile, the director had called ACTION at the start of my little run and I hadn't heard!!! Gahh! Sooo there's a take of me run-shuffling right across camera. Also, I apparently messed up the lead actress because she was laughing at me, so I managed to ruin the take in two ways. And the worst part was, I was totally oblivious! So I couldn't even laugh it off! It's hard to recount the story with a feel for how public it was, but let's just say I was reminded of it constantly for the next 2 hours... Oh. My. God. Such a knob move! Well done me.. Aaaand now it's been immortalized in print hahaha. These were the texts I sent Luce right afterwards pretty much summing up my level of embarrassment...
We're both working tomorrow - Han on something potentially exciting, we'll see! - and then this weekend, who knows? The world (well the city anyway) is our oyster!

No comments:

Post a Comment