Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Social Butterflies

We've had a jam packed and completely awesome few days! Our social lives are rockin, work's going great, we're auditioning more, and, as always, eating like queens!

-- Han --
Friday was SUCH a great day for me!! Everything worked out perfectly, it couldn't have gone better! I was an extra on a Nickelodeon show in the morning and the best part was, it was a union job!! Which is pretty rare to get if you're non-union and means a couple things 1) I was specifically chosen for it and made it into the shot quite a bit 2) I got paid more than twice as much as a normal background gig! Woo! My call time was 9:30, so very civilized, and they were shooting at Paramount studios in Hollywood. I made it to set with plenty of time to spare and it turned out there were only ten or fifteen extras there at all, which is a pretty small call and made it really fun. The show was filmed like sit-coms and other Disney/Nick shows where they shoot with 4 cameras at the same time instead of using one or two and doing close ups and all sorts of angles, shooting the take over and over. I'd never been on a multi-cam set before and it actually felt quite a lot like doing theatre! It was awesome! It also went much quicker, we were done with each of the two scenes in just a few takes, which meant that it was a really short day on set too - I was wrapped by 1:00!! Of all days to get wrapped early, this was THE BEST because............ Gregory (our agent) had gotten me an audition at 4:00 that day! Woo!! I ran home, chilled out for a bit, freshened up, and went back out for my audition!
The audition was for the same project Luce auditioned for the other day! It was really fun - I checked in, waited a little, then headed in. It was the same deal, tell a short story, only the role I was auditioning for was a clever, confident, knows-what-she-wants kind of girl, so I opted for my leaving Andrew the note on his jacket story instead of something funny or embarrassing. I think it was a hit! Then I had to act out this little scene with the phone, twice, actually, because the director gave me an adjustment from the first time, and that was it! Job done! I drove home feeling very satisfied and extremely lucky  that my day had worked out so perfectly! And it just kept getting better from there!
When I got home we had dinner, then I went downstairs to the gym to work out. After my workout I went for a dip in the pool/spa and met some of our neighbors from across the hall, Brittany and Brian, and their friends Drew and Schwartz (Andrew). They were SO nice and I was stoked to meet people our age, in our building, who seem really fun! We chatted and hung out in the pool till it closed, then they invited us (I'd told them all about Luce already haha) to their place for margaritas and a hilarious game of Cards Against Humanity. 
It was such an unexpectedly great night and we were both so excited to make friends in our building, yay!

-- Luce --
My Friday was a bit more relaxed compared to Han's epic day! For most of the day I worked on a self-tape audition that I'd been asked to send in to the casting director of a short film! I had to film myself performing two monologues from the script and then figure out how to send such big files!! It took a little while but I was really happy with the final product. That audition was also my 5th in the last 2 weeks so I'm feeling pretty stoked to finally be getting some regular auditions!! Yay! Then hanging out with our lovely neighbors was the perfect way to end the day!

On Saturday we took it pretty easy. We went out to the same shopping area we went to last week to buy a 'Paradise Falls' jar, like the one from Up, for us to start putting money in to go towards a future trip to Europe! We got our jar and decided to go to Olive Garden for lunch! We still hadn't used the gift cards we got last Christmas and it seemed like just the right moment! The highlight were these fried olive/cheese/veggie ball things with blue cheese dipping sauce yuuuum! We also decided to go to the Outback Steakhouse across the road to pick up job applications in case we want another job - with the accent we'd be sure to make great tips! But the chick there was so unbelievably rude to us, refusing to even print off a piece of paper because they were too "busy" (there was almost no one there) so we decided maybe that's not where we want to work anyway... 
The best part of the day, though, was that we went to see the new movie Neighbors and we absolutely LOVED it!! Hysterical! We haven't laughed out loud at a movie like that in I don't know how long - maybe ever! The storyline was unexpected and completely satisfying, the jokes were hilarious, and Zac Efron's bod was on fiiire haha a perfect comedy!

Sunday was a packed day too! We woke up early and went over to our friend's boyfriend's place because he does a podcast and he asked to interview us on it! We were a little unsure of what we'd talk about for an hour but it was actually surprisingly easy! He asked us some really great questions, we talked about being twins, our two big relocations, acting, family, LA and who knows what else! We'll post a link to the podcast on the blog when it comes out, hopefully you can tell our voices apart!
In the afternoon went to a pool party that Drew, who we met on Friday night, invited us to. We dressed pretty casually, wore our swimmers, didn't put on much makeup - as you do for a pool party, right? - and left. When we got there, though, we realized that ohmygod this is a pool party in the Hollywood Hills aaaand you do not dress like that... All the girls were in either chic, flowy outfits, or umm pretty much nothing haha. We were glad we didn't look like the trashy ones buuut we would've liked to look a little more like the chic ones! It was a really fun party though and the house - and the view from the house - was spectacular!
We met a bunch of Drew's friends, danced a little, got a free bum bag with inbuilt speakers, and scored an invite to dinner on Wednesday (tomorrow!) night, success!
We finished the night with the most EPIC Game of Thrones double feature ever at Nick, Mike, and Eddie's. SO excited for next week, wow!!

-- Han --
Yesterday was a craaazy long but freakin awesome day for me! I was doing background on the show Wilfred on Venice Beach and my call time was 7:00am!! I woke up at 4:45 and left by 5:30 to give myself plenty of time to get there. When I rocked up everyone was having breakfast from catering, so I grabbed a coffee and sat down at a table with a few spare seats. "Hiii" I said to the only other guy at the table, he looked up, with a mouth full of breakfast burrito, and stared into my soul with the piercing blue eyes of FRODO BAGGINS!!! OHMYGOSH I WAS TALKING TO ELIJAH WOOD!!! Gahh! SO COOL! He swallowed his mouthful and said: "Hi, what's your name?" (Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!! The rest of the conversation played out like this...)
Me "Hannah"
Him "Elijah, nice to meet you"
Me "nice to meet you too!"
Him "is your name palindromic?"
Me "oh yea, that's the way to go"
Him "haha absolutely"
Me "I guess it's even a palindrome within a palindrome"
Him "haha that's right"
(I took my book outta my bag)
Him "what're you reading?"
Me "this side of paradise, F Scott Fitzgerald"
Him "ohh, nice!"
Me "yea I loved Gatsby so I figured I'd give it a go"
Him "yea Gatsby's the only book of his I've read, so good"
Me "ahh yea, amazing! I've just read Gatsby and Tender is the Night - I didn't love Tender is the Night, I mean it was beautifully written but a little slow going" 
Him "how's this one so far?"
Me "I'm only like 20 pages in but so far so good! I'm hoping they just place me somewhere on the beach today and I get to read my book all day haha"
Him "yea, there you go! That'd be great!"
(I laugh, he gets up from the table)
Him "well it was nice meeting you Hannah"
Me "nice meeting you too!"
Him "I'll see you down there"
Me "yea, you bet!"

He was so nice!!! Like, incredibly nice!! Wow! I emailed Grandpa a transcript of the conversation right afterwards so I wouldn't forget it - and so I could share my excitement with someone else who would be equally excited! 
The rest of the day on set was super, super easy and fun! They barely even used the background at all! They just told us to chill out on the beach and wait for instructions - not too shabby! Getting paid to sit on the beach all day! 
I met some really lovely people, had a delicious prawn salad for lunch, got some sun, and ended up getting paid 2 hours overtime - I was there until 6:30!! Pretty great day!
Traffic coming home was a bit of a nightmare, though, and I made it back at 7:50, showered/got ready in record time, and then Luce and I went over to Brian and Brittany's to meet up with them, Drew, and Schwartz for dinner!

-- Luce --
On Monday I had my first Greasy Grimey Gopher Guts rehearsal since the show ended back in February! It was so much fun and some of the scenes were swapped around so I got to learn a new scene with Gerald who is really funny and great to work with! Rehearsal took up a good chunk of my day and when I got home I only had a couple of hours to chill out before Han got home and we all went out to dinner!

-- Han & Luce --
We all piled in Brian and Brittany's car and headed into Hollywood for dinner at Roscoe's! None of them had ever been before and the chicken and waffles were amazing as always and a huge hit with the gang! 
After dinner we went just down the street to Lucky Strike, the bowling alley Mike (as in our GoT watching partner in crime, Mike) works at, and he gave us the total VIP treatment!! Our bowling abilities are shocking as ever but it didn't even matter because it was easily the COOLEST bowling alley we've ever seen!! 
There was a full on lounge and bar in one area, leather seats by the lanes, amazing food and drinks (all on the house thank to Mike! What a legend!!), great music, and fun people! 
We'd bowled a couple balls when Eddie and his brother and sister showed up to join us, so the party just got bigger and better! When Mike was entering their names in he made some, uhh, nicknames up for the rest of us, too funny! Luce was Arya Stark and Han was Cersei, in true GoT style. Brittany's was also GoT: Mother of Dragons (aka Danaerys which we could totally see). A few other standouts were Penis Face, Animal Parts, Bologna, Captain Cocknose, and Jockstrap Sniffer hahah hilarious.
Brian destroyed us all at bowling - the two of us and Eddie started calling ourselves The Gutterballs, we might make Tshirts - and we went upstairs for some karaoke! Eddie did a beautiful rendition of Under the Sea and Drew, Brittany, and Han did a pretty questionable but very fun rendition of Survivor by Destiny's Child.
Charlie's Angels meets Destiny's Child - can you handle it? It was such a fun night!! We all headed home and fell into bed. It was a huge day for Han - awake for 22 hours! - so it was nice to be able to sleep in a bit today!

Today we woke up around 10:00 which was a bit of a luxury! Luce had a later call time for background and Han took the day off after the crazy day yesterday. 

-- Luce --
Today I had a relaxing morning and then went to do background on the show Awkward at 1:00! It was a low pressure shoot and the background was pretty much just walking back and forth in a hallway for 9 hours..! I met some really nice people though and the food was absolutely amazing so all in all it was a great day! 

-- Han -- 
Luce headed off to set and I got down to business! Our place has been getting a little on the out-of-control-side so I just went through it like a tornado of cleaning madness and made it absolutely sparkling clean! Woo!! It took me about 2 and a half hours and felt sooo good when I was done! Before I knew it, it was 6:15 and time for me to head over to JT's for a rockin game night with him, Laynie, and a bunch of his actor friends from Texas! We ate guacamole and trail mix (so good), played Battle of the Sexes and Cards Against Humanity, had an impromptu dance break, and laughed a lot. Great night with lovely new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment