Sunday, August 25, 2013

My First Week Without Han!!

This past week was my last full week of background work!! On Tuesday I started off on the show Headlines (which might actually end up being called "Tabloid" - I'm not sure!) and I was with some friends from previous background jobs so it was nice to know some people. It was a crime re-enactment show and the episode they were filming was based on The Bling Ring which was so cool! What was even cooler was that at one point they needed an actress for a one-line speaking part and... the director chose me!!!!!! I was so excited! I sent this selfie to Han when I found out and I think it kind of captures my excitement:



I'm pretty sure I got the line because the director recognized me after I had opened the door for him when he was locked out of the room, so I guess it pays off to be nice to people haha AHH. It was such an amazing experience to have a camera focused on me and a boom mic and an actual director telling me what to do! Definitely a highlight of the week :)

The next day I was on Pretty Little Liars (episode 17) and it was filmed in Warner Brothers Studios which was awesome! It was lucky that I had planned to be half an hour early because I had to walk across the entire lot to get to the sound stage I was meant to be at! After lugging my hangers of clothes in the heat I made it to the trailers with sweat dripping down my back - gross! Once I'd checked in I went through wardrobe and then went to the set. It was so cool to be on the set - the attention to detail on all of the fake buildings and restaurants was insane! It was a relatively short day on PLL which was wonderful, so I went home, cooked myself some dinner, and relaxed.

On Thursday I was on The Mindy Project and it was filmed at Universal Studios! I felt pretty legit to be back at a studio lot - there is something very exciting and professional about it! The Mindy Project was so fun! Alicia was there so it was lovely to see her again as well as another friend Andrew who I had met on CSI. For the first scene we were playing fancy restaurant patrons and Andrew and I were paired together and we sat right behind Mindy Kaling!! The scene that they were filming was so funny and I was having a hard time trying not to laugh when I was sitting so close to them! It was also surprising to me how much of the dialogue in the scene was either improvised by the actors or by the writers who were sitting in the next room over - I was amazed at how quickly the actors could change their lines and do or say something hilarious completely on the fly! 
The next scene was a very new experience for me because it was set in the rain so they had the HUGE rain sprinklers on and completely drenched everyone! After 2 minutes my shoes were sloshing around and my pants were soaked but it was still heaps of fun. We finished right around dinnertime so I went straight home and made dinner and got an early night because....

I had to wake up at 4:30 on Friday!! It was a somewhat stressful morning because I had set out my "casual summer" outfits that the commercial company had asked for the night before so that I was completely organized in the morning.. and then I woke up to an email from the wardrobe department asking for 3 different business outfits, fall outfits, and business-casual outfits!! WHAT. I scrambled to grab everything I had that fit the description and then rushed to shower and get ready on time. I was out of the door pretty quickly and traffic was non-existent at that early hour, so I ended up making it to set with time to spare - phew!! I ate some delicious brekkie at basecamp and then went off to wardrobe. There were only about 10 or 12 background extras there so it was a pretty quick process to get into wardrobe and get on set... I would write about the set/how the day progressed, but they were really strict about confidentiality so I'm afraid to write anything!! The production company had us sign 4 different NDAs as well as taping over the cameras on our phones AND threatening us with a 2 year prison sentence if we said anything... So I don't want to risk it! It was a long day and I was so happy when we were finally wrapped after about 14 hours. Then to add to the stress of the long day my GPS took me onto the freeway when I thought I had picked the route that avoided it!! So it was half an hour of stop-start traffic on the way home... and then when I got home, as I was getting out of my car all of the handles on my clothes hangers snapped off and all my clothes fell on the ground! Since when does that happen!? Haha it was not my day! Anyway, It was lovely to get home and I talked to Han on the phone and felt much better. :)

This weekend has been relatively boring - just running errands and preparing for my first day at college!! I did everything I set out to do for the weekend, so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. And I have stayed up way too late writing this, so I'm going to go straight to sleep so I can be rested for school! Goodnight!! Wish me luck! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment