Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Working Life

The last few days have been really great! We've worked a lot and are starting to get more familiar with LA! 

-- Hannah --
On Wednesday, the day after our birthday extravaganza, I had a 6:00am call for a commercial Downtown! I was pretty out of it, but it ended up being a really fun and easy day! The commercial was for a Japanese clothing line and all they needed us to do was sit at tables in the outdoor cafe we were shooting in. The commercial was for their fall/winter collection and the clothes were pretty out there haha. I felt sooo bad for the girls who were all rugged up in heaps of layers - I was hot in just jeans and a sweater! It was a pretty short day, though, and I met some really nice people.
Thursday was an awesome day! I was working as a jogger on Criminal Minds with another early call time. I got there at 7:00am and they had an incredible buffet breakfast waiting for us. We got to set at this beautiful park and stayed in holding for a while, just hanging out on the grass in the sun and playing with the cute dogs that were there as background too. We only had to run for about 10 minutes and we were wrapped! It wasn't even 12:00 so I got to go home and have all afternoon to myself!
Yesterday I worked on the show Lucy worked on Thursday - she'll fill you in - and braved the Metro home for the first time! 

--Lucy --
Thursday was an exciting day for me! I was booked as audience for the show Supreme Justice with Judge Karen and it was pretty hilarious! I did have a bit of a terrifying moment as I was checking in, though!! So, in the information the studio gave us, they explicitly said that no cell phones were allowed, but I really needed my phone so that I could call Hannah and ask her to pick me up when filming ended because they didn't give us an end time! So I figured that if I turned my phone completely off and left it in the bottom of my purse I'd be fine... I quickly realized that my plan wasn't going to work when I showed up to see a security guard checking bags AND people walking through a metal detector!! Uh oh. I admitted that I had brought my phone to the man checking people off and as I tried to explain my situation, he cut me off and said, "We said no phones. You have to leave, get out." I was so upset and shocked!! I was looking around for a place that I could potentially hide my phone for the duration of the show when I saw a nice-looking woman get out of her car. I walked over to her, and with a quivering voice, asked If I could leave my phone in her car. She said that it was fine if I did, and she seemed trustworthy enough! We both got in line for security and checked in, and chatted for a while until the show started. Judge Karen was really funny and I was right in the shot in the front row which was exciting! When it was time to leave I went and grabbed my phone to call Han to get her to pick me up, but before I could, the woman who owned the car offered to give me a lift home! I couldn't believe how generous her offer was, and, because it would take Hannah a while to pick me up, I gratefully accepted. It's amazing how nice some of the people are out here!
Yesterday I had a pretty relaxed day because I was working on the same movie that Han had worked on last week and filming only started in the afternoon. I had to drive by myself on the freeways for more than 40 minutes to get to the set and I actually did quite well! I was pretty proud of myself :) Once I got home I made butternut squash soup for dinner and Han and I tried and failed to get an early night haha.

Today we both went to Chambers' bootcamp again. There was a really fun group of people and the time flew by! We went out to the car to leave and OH NO!! We got a $68 parking ticket!! Noooooo :( it was such a bummer! The signs are so difficult to understand that we just made a mistake, ahh so annoying! 
We've had a really nice afternoon, though, watching Summer Heights High and hanging out by the pool. Tonight we're going to Roscoe's for waffles and fried chicken for dinner, should be delish - we're really excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment