Monday, September 2, 2013

First Week of School!

-- Lucy --
Last week was my first week of school!!! It was very overwhelming and exciting! 
On Monday MeMe woke up early to go to school with me and take me to my first class which was so sweet!! I would've been freaking out if she hadn't come with me! I met a bunch of people in my class and they were all very welcoming and nice. My first class was a voice class and the teacher is wonderful! She is completely wacky and amazing and I am very excited to learn from her. I then had some theory classes and an acting class that I love! After the school day was over I was completely exhausted so I went home, talked to Han for a while on the phone (because I was missing her so much!!) and made dinner and went to bed.

The rest of the week followed the pattern of getting used to new classes, new people, and new places while also trying to learn and focus on classes. I've made some really lovely friends and have learned so much already!

Thursday was a cool day because the people in their last year at the school held a "Tea" for all of the people in their first semester! When I heard there was going to be a Tea held in our honor I thought it was going to be a very civilized event but it turns out that the tea was actually a semi-embarrassing initiation ceremony! No one in my class had any idea of what to expect so I was really nervous! When 4:00 came around, a bunch of the older students came out in togas, capes, and gladiator-style clothes and yelled at us all to line up in a straight line. We couldn't talk or turn our heads - it was equal parts hilarious and terrifying! We marched into the theatre (where all the students and faculty were watching!) and then had to jump over a pile of mats, strike a warrior pose, introduce ourselves, and answer one random question! I managed to do it without completely humiliating myself - thank god! It was so much fun and it really felt like we were being accepted into the school :)



On Thursday night, Emily and I decided to go and see 2 movies (because she gets 4 free tickets!) First we watched Mortal Instruments and it was pretty terrible haha, I wouldn't recommend it... But after that we saw Short Term 12 and it was AMAZING. Such great acting, a beautiful story, I was blown away! It was the perfect way to end my first week of school.

I have most Fridays off school, so Emily, MeMe, and I all went to see The Butler at the movies in the morning! It was another really fantastic film. After the movies we all went thrift shopping which was fun and then we went home where I prepared for my first college party! 

The party was super fun and it made me really excited to get to know my classmates better :) I stayed the night then left early in the morning because I needed to drive up to see Han and go to Disneyland with her roommates!!! There will be another post soon describing the wonderful weekend that Han and I had! So wonderful to see her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment