Thursday, September 19, 2013

So... We went to Disneyland again!

-- Hannah and Lucy --
So we realize that the blog is kind of turning into "and then we went to Disneyland" "aaaand then we went to Disneyland" BUT we went again this weekend for another event, Villains' Night on Friday the 13th and it was heaps of fun! But before we get to that, Han made an unexpected and exciting trip to see Luce this week!

-- Han --
On Monday afternoon, I'm sitting in bed doing homework, and I get a call from an LA number I didn't recognize. Turns out, it's from Central Casting and they want me to work on Criminal Minds at 6:00am the next day as a dead person body double AND I'd get a union voucher for it!! Ahh! (You need 3 union vouchers or 1 line in a union production to join SAG, so it was a pretty great/rare opportunity!) Anyway, that set my mind reeling because I had classes the next day to think about and no transportation into LA along with some other logistical challenges! I decided to go for it, though, and find a way to make it work. I committed to the job around 4:30, looked up train times, and saw that the last one from Orange to Union Station left at 5:27!! I ran around like a mad woman grabbing everything I thought I'd need, power walked to the train station, and made it there in time! Luce and Emily picked me up at Union Station about an hour later and the three of us went out to a movie! We'd wanted to see the One Direction movie but we got the time wrong and saw Blue Jasmine instead - which had a uhhh very different feel to 1D. It was kinda depressing but really powerful and the acting was amazing. We went home, had dinner and root beer floats, and got a decently early night because I had to be up at 4:00! 

I woke up, got ready, and made it to set no worries. It was SO GREAT to be back on set and I was loving the extra special treatment as a body double. They gave me my own trailer, copies of the sides and call times for the day, and a umm costume? Which was pretty much just spanks, a bra, and a fuzzy bathrobe to get to set in because I had to lie on the morgue table under a sheet without looking like I was wearing anything. 
(Me in myyyy trailer at 7am haha too cool for words!)
After I got changed, I went to make-up! The make-up artist was FANTASTIC and the effects he created were so cool!! He let me take a picture but I'm not allowed to post it until the episode airs, so that'll be coming soon! 

I went to set and lay down on the table, it was a slightly uncomfortable situation, just lying there with all this action going on around me, but mostly just awesome! The biggest challenge was that I was pretty sick, so I kept having to cough... but dead bodies don't cough. Haha I was able to hold it in the whole time the camera was rolling, though, so it was totally fine - I even managed to do some serious shallow breathing so hopefully you can't see my chest moving! The cast and crew were all SO NICE, and funny too. The director had a bit of a laugh with me at one point, Joe Mantegna and a guest star chatted with me between takes, and the crew guys kept joking around and tickling my feet - it was a really fun morning. 

I was done around 9:30 so it was time for mission: Get Back to Chapman Before My Acting Class. Fortunately for me, when I went to email my IR professor that I couldn't make it to class, in my inbox from him was an email saying class was cancelled! YAY! So I emailed my professor of my second class saying I was sick (which was actually true) and set off towards LACC to wait for Lucy's break. She got out at 12:15 and we raced to Union Station to catch my 12:47 train. I JUST made it, like we got there at 12:40 and I RAN through that station to the platform. I knew I didn't have time to buy a ticket, so I just went straight there and prayed that the ticket inspector would show me some mercy! HE DID! Phewwww ahh he let me on without a ticket and I was SO grateful! It wasn't smooth sailing from there, though, because I had to transfer at Fullerton and I only had about 8 minutes. I got there, bought my ticket, and asked a guy which side of the platform I had to be on - he told me the other side, I went there, waited, looked over, THE ORANGE TRAIN WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE!! I raced over and only just made that one on time too! I made it to Orange, walked back to my dorm, got changed, grabbed a wrap for lunch, and made it to class with 5 minutes to spare! Ahh it was such a crazy morning but SO worth the effort.

-- Han and Luce --
The next exciting event of our week was the aforementioned Disney trip! The two of us and Sierra dressed up in all black for Friday the 13th - our "gothic" look ended up being more girl band, but we embraced it. We went into the park, us girls and Matthew, early with plans to meet up with a huge group of COPA people later on in the evening. It was SO COOL to see the Halloween overlay! The parks looked completely different, they did an amazing job. 
We ran around, enjoyed the vibe, and went on rides - Tower of Terror was a definite highlight!
Later on we met up with all Han's friends for a bit before heading back to Lucy's.

On Saturday we had a photo shoot together which was super fun and we learned a lot. We did three different looks and the photographer was really nice and totally chill with the fact that we didn't have much experience. Once we got over the initial feeling of "I've never had arms before" we had a really fun time and learned a lot. The photographer sent through a few pics of each of us, so here's a sample of what we did!
We just hung out and did homework for the rest of the day; Luce was kiiinda freaking out about her Autodrama which was due Monday, so we both spent a lot of time figuring that out too!

Sunday was pretty much the same, homework and Autodrama, but Sunday night we both went to church with MeMe and it was INCREDIBLE! Han loved it as much as Luce had the first time, it was truly an uplifting experience and we both left feeling inspired to be better people and do more for the people around us. We drove back to Chappy Chap and it was time to say goodbye - for at least two weeks this time! Ahh!! We'll make it, though, and we both have some fun stuff in store for the coming weeks/weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment