Thursday, November 21, 2013

Survivors

-- Han and Luce --
Saturday was incredibly surreal and exciting, one of those days that we knew was an important step on the right path. We woke up early and went to Beverly Hills for our haircuts! Leonie was awesome and spent almost 5 hours colouring and highlighting and cutting and trimming and styling our hair!

We felt like regular celebrities, getting all pampered. After that we went and got new headshots taken in Downtown LA - 25 minutes away, thank goodness! There was a heart-attack-inducing mix up with the address where we briefly thought it was two hours away, so we were extra grateful we didn't have to go far! The headshots went really well! The photographer was so sweet, really talented, and gave us a good deal because we were shooting together, nice one!

After that we went to Bronzed Aussie to get some sausage rolls, meat pies, a custard tart and an apple pie! The perfect end to a wonderful day!  

Sunday we had a lazy morning then went to the Grove to see Meme and get Sprinkles Cupcakes! It was poppin! All decked out for Christmas and getting ready to light up the tree that night. We saw a bunch of singers warming up for the celebration that night, including Gavin DeGraw who was absolutely gorgeous! The holiday cheer was infectious and we're getting very excited for Q's birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all right around the corner!!

We drove back to Chapman because Han had a 12 page paper to write (eww) and Luce had to work on her final celebrity performance for Monday! 

-- Luce --
Monday was a complete whirlwind - probably one of the most stressful days of my life haha..! So, on Sunday I was talking to my friend Alicia and neither of us were feeling very excited about our celebrity performances the next day, so we decided (somewhat foolishly) to change our celebrities to Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles so we could sing a duet together! The main complication was that Alicia was in Washington visiting her family and wasn't going to be back in LA until 11:30pm! So we practiced by ourselves until I picked her up from the airport and then we went back to her place and rehearsed until a little after 2:30 in the morning! We woke up at 5:30 on Monday morning and got ready for the big day ahead. We were practicing at school at about 7:30 when I got an email from my teacher saying that he wanted to talk to Alicia and me about our last-minute change.. Uh oh. So we met with him and he said that he didn't think that there was enough movement in our new choice and he wanted us to change back to our original choices!! Ahh! Alicia couldn't because she didn't have her Britney costume, but when he asked me if I could do Katy Perry I (again, somewhat foolishly) was honest and said that I did have my costume and could do it even though I hadn't practiced it in the last 5 days!! So my teacher decided to make me re-do Katy Perry AND he said Alicia could perform as Sara Bareilles for her celebrity so that meant that I had to do both!!! I was freaking out. I practiced my butt off in the hour before my acting class started but I was still really nervous! To add to the stress, a bunch of the upperclassmen came in to watch my class perform..! Omg. I was 8th on the list to do Katy and by some stroke of luck, after the 6th person's performance all of the upperclassmen had to leave to go to class! So that wasa lot less pressure thank goodness! It got to my performance and I was a little flustered to begin with, but once the music started playing it all came back to me and I remembered all my movements!! Hooray! Katy Perry was done and it was a success! Next was my duet with Alicia and it went quite well too despite how rushed we'd been with getting it prepared :) after that I was in one more performance and that went down without a hitch as well! Phewww I made it through the class! Straight after acting class I hopped in the car and drove over to Chpman to pick Han up so we could go and see mum!! Yayyyyyyyy!!!

-- Han and Luce --
It was SO WONDERFUL to see Mum and the doggies!! Ahh we had a great time catching up, picnicking in the empty house, playing with the pups, and snuggling on the air mattress with mum. Just what we needed after a big day! Mum dropped Han back to Chapman and Luce went home too later that night, excited to get all the furniture delivered on Thursday!

-- Han --
When I got back to Chaptown I went straight to a meeting for my hall announcing, in honour of The Hunger Games: The COPA Games. (More commonly known as Assassin). The people participating all got assigned a target to kill by poking them with a crayon. There are rules and safe zones but they're constantly changing and oh man has this game taken over my life this week!!
I went to kickboxing with Megan in the morning on Tuesday and hatched a plan to kill my target later that day...
I had another theatre major to kill, but on the first day we were allowed 10 minutes of safety before and after class (we were also safe in the cafe, the lounge, classes, our hall, and in groups of 3 COPA people) so I had to bide my time. I went back on the shuttle with him and when the clock clicked over I pounced! He then gave me his target and I knew she was waiting to kill her target, so I raced back to the dorms and got her as well before she knew what hit her! A couple hours later, by third target asked me to stand with him so he'd be safe while he waited for his target to get back from class. I seized the opportunity and got him, making me the only person to kill 3 people and also responsible for almost half of the deaths on day 1. 
By yesterday I had been dubbed the Black Widow, so now I have a HUGE target on my back - nice going. I know who has me, though, so as long as I can avoid him I'll be fine! My target, a dance major named Hannah, was terrified of me though. I couldn't kill her yesterday, but that's not to say it wasn't a total bloodbath! The game's heating up and people are dropping like flies! Spencer got killed right after his dance performance (which I went to, he was incredible!), JT sustained an injury running from his own roommate, Tosh killed Sierra, paranoia is running rampant - it's pretty intense.
But back to my target being scared of me haha so she should have been! I knew she had class at 8:30 this morning, so I woke up early, waited outside in the cold and rain (ohh yea, I'm taking this game pretty seriously) and got her as she left Henley! 
It's been crazy but an amazing bonding experience - I'll update the blog with any major events!
The movers are over at the house unpacking and I can't wait to go over tonight for dinner and see the house with everything in it! It also might be good to get away from the COPA Games for a little while... I only have to survive for a few more hours and I'll be untouchable! Can't wait for a fun weekend this weekend, my last few classes of the semester, and more crazy times with all the COPA people out to get each other!

-- Luce --
Tuesday was an entirely uneventful day for me - pretty much just recovering from the drama and no sleep on Monday!
Wednesday was a pretty normal day as well.. I was just hanging out, when I decided to quick look at my mobile banking app on my phone too see how my bank account was going.. But when I looked, I saw that over 100 dollars was missing from my account! What?! When I looked at where it had been spent in my previous transactions it said it was at Ocean Seafoods in LA which I have never been to in my life!! There was something very "fishy" (haha) going on... But I couldn't call the bank because I had to go to class so I figured it'd be fine if I just called after class.. When I checked my app again after class I discovered that it was absolutely NOT fine! Another $400 had been taken out and whoever it was that took my debit card info had tried to take even more than that!! Ahh! I called the bank straight away and explained to them that I had been the victim of fraud! I couldn't even believe it! More than $500 gone in less than 3 hours! Luckily Bank of America completely reimburses any money lost to credit card fraud and the guy I spoke to on the phone was incredibly helpful. But what a stressful ordeal! I had to cut up my card and I'm now waiting on a new one in the mail - thank goodness I'm seeing Mum and Q this weekend otherwise I would've been completely flat broke with no way to access any of my money! To take my mind off the stress, my roomies and I all went to see a late night showing of About Time and it was such a wonderful movie! It really had the most beautiful message and the acting and story were impeccable. I absolutely loved it!
Thursday was an easy day at school, and then once my school day was over I saw LACC's production of Comedy of Errors and it was great! All of the actors did such an amazing job and it was so fun to see all three of my roommates in a show together! As soon as the show was over, I raced home, packed my stuff for this weekend and then got in the car with Qee and we were off to pick up Han and go home to the new house!!!! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment