Thursday, June 26, 2014

Making the Most of Hiatus!

The last few days have been veeery cruisey - not entirely on purpose either! Work's been super slow because of the summer hiatus, so we've been trying to do other productive stuff to make up the difference!

-- Luce --
Sunday night was SO exciting for me because I was filming my part in the webseries I was cast in!! Ah! I got to set and everyone was so lovely and friendly! I watched the filming for the scene before mine and it was absolutely hilarious. I'm so excited to see the whole thing when it's all been filmed and edited and everything! My portion went by pretty quickly and it all went down without a hitch - I loved finally getting in front of the camera and having actual lines! So fun! Once I finished my scene the guys thanked me for being so consistent and talented which was really nice to hear and I went home with a huge smile on my face!! Yay!

-- Han & Luce --
Monday was a not-working day, so we took it kinda easy. We did all the audition submissions we could and Han helped out with some location scouting for her webseries! The highlight of the day was easily our excursion in the evening with Brian and Brittany to get pinkberry frozen yogurt and see 22 Jump Street at the movies. It was HILARIOUS! We definitely recommend it - it had to be almost as good as the original!

On Tuesday Luce was booked on a Disney Channel show and Han got all set up on LA Casting and started applying for babysitting jobs too!

-- Luce --
On Tuesday I was working on a kids show, 'Kirby Buckets', and it was so adorable! It was pretty much an average background day of walking back and forth down a school hallway but the best part was that I was getting paid union rates for it! Score!! It was around a 10 hour day and by the last hour I was sooo ready to head home and crash out which is exactly what I did - for a little while, anyway, before Han and Brit got back with cake mix!

-- Han --
I had a super productive morning, doing countless submissions on a different breakdown website and scouring babysitting sites for jobs in the area to pick up a little extra cash! After all that I went down to the pool to swim some laps, fun! Just as I was finishing up, Brittany happened to come down and we hung out by the pool for a couple hours. We got to talking about her newfound obsession with Cake Boss and decided that we absolutely needed to make a cake ourselves! We walked to Ralph's and picked up a carrot cake box mix and cream cheese frosting, amazing!

-- Han & Luce --
When we were both back at the apartment, we all baked up a storm, watched some Gossip Girl, and made plans to go out for Taco Tuesday later on at Cactus! It was a lovely evening and after a Mexican feast, half a cake, and too many episodes of GG, we went to bed.

Yesterday was yet another day that we weren't booked for background, and we've kiiinda started to run out of inspiration of what to do on our off days - that and we were just a bit tired. So it honestly wasn't the most productive day BUT Han tried on her cheerleading uniform for the webseries! Aaaand it was way too big..! Not to worry, though, there should be plenty of time to get the right size before we shoot - kind of excited to be living out the American cheerleader dream! We grabbed some cheap but delicious Chinese food for dinner (Lucy's shout! What a champ!) then headed home to have a pretty quiet night in.


Today is a super special day because...... It's been a whole YEAR since we started the blog!!! 365 days in writing! WOW!! We hope it's been a fun read and we're so, so glad we kept up with it - we've made so many incredible memories and had such fun adventures this last year, we're so lucky! 
It seemed wonderfully fitting that we both got booked for background today on a couple of our favourite sets! 

-- Han --
Luce had a super early call time so I woke up early too and we had brekky and a cuppa together before she headed out. I had a while till I had to leave at 8:15, so I managed to fit in a work out and even took the Sentra in for a car wash! I made it to set right on time - it's so nice to know exactly where I'm going, 4 days on the same set is about as close to routine as it gets! I was working on The Thundermans again with the same awesome crew and heaps of lovely familiar faces on background too! It was a really nice day with yummy food, good company, and a little overtime!

-- Luce --
Today I was working on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia again and I had an amazing time! It was set in a bar and for one part of the scene they needed two hot girls to enter and then walk past the lead actors and they chose me to be one of them!! Ahh! So cool! So on episode 8 of season 10, expect to see a close up of me on the tv! I also got to meet the director and all of the crew members were giving me and the other girl special treatment - all-in-all I'd say it was a pretty successful day of background! Yay!

-- Han & Luce --
We're both home from work now, eating chia seed pudding, going through the blog from the very start, and compiling an extra special post picking out some of our favourite moments of the year, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment