Sunday, June 8, 2014

Too Busy to Blog!!

This week has been INSANE! We've been SO busy, the time since the last blog had absolutely flown by!! We've found the most awesome balance between work and play - although truly, work is play as well, we're so lucky!

On Monday Luce had rehearsal for GGGG (which went really well! Yay!) and Han went to the Samuel French bookstore to read some plays. Afterwards we went to a little Mexican place for the most amaaazingg fish and shrimp tacos - another Bri and Brit recommendation, they're the best - then headed over to Sullivan's place for an epic marathon of the Bachelorette!! 3 episodes, 5 hours, 4 Sprinkles cupcakes, and 1 mammoth bowl of popcorn later, we were all caught up and decided to call it a night. Such a lovely evening! We couldn't believe it's taken this long to realize that Sully watches the Bachelor too! Definitely becoming a regular thing.

On Tuesday we went out for brekky at Crave with our Aussie friend Natalie, who we met at our Beauty and the Geek callback, and a couple of her other friends. It was so lovely to see her again before she leaves for the next year! Hopefully we'll all catch up again when she comes back! 
Han had rehearsal for the show at 1:30 (another successful one, woo) and then we both had rehearsal at 7:00 to rehearse, wait for it........ The Penguin Dance!!! Ha! A remixed version got added into the show and we were pretty stoked about it!!

On Wednesday we both got booked on the same background job on a new show called Recovery Road which was great! The downside: 6:30am call time! Eeeeek! We left the house at 5:45 and made it to set juuuust in time! It ended up being a really chill day and we were there so long that we made it into double overtime, yeah babyyy!

Thursday was actually a pretty exciting day! We each had cool stuff going on during the day and then we reconvened for chia seed pudding and a double-feature movie night in!

-- Luce --
In the morning I had an audition for a play that's going to be in a theatre festival coming up! It was a really low-key and friendly audition atmosphere and I think it went quite well! I had a fun time and even chatted with the director afterwards about my life and my family, etc. so lovely! After that I went home and hung out and had a very chill rest of my day!

-- Han --
On Thursday I was booked for my first commercial ever! Yay! I had to be on set at 6:30am in Long Beach which is about an hour away, so it was a veeeerrry early morning! I got there no worries and headed in to hair and makeup which was super fun and made me feel pretty spesh!
Next up was wardrobe - which was a teeny tiny, white American Apparel swimsuit! I was a mix of excited and terrified by that, but decided to embrace the intense, 80's cut and do my best to rock it haha.
There were about 20 girls in the commercial and they were all such sweethearts! The commercial itself was a sort of Bay Watch meets Chariots of Fire thing, which meant we spent the whole day running (seriously running, not jogging, like, sprinting. Wow!) on the beach!! It was so, so fun and a great workout too! 
While we were still on break for lunch, a couple of the gals and I went and did a little photo shoot in the beach. We got some really cute pics too!
We were wrapped soon after lunch and I was exhausted! The promise of Lucy's chia seed pudding was about all that got me home! It was definitely one of those awesome "this is my job?!" days, I felt very, very lucky - and I got to keep the swimsuit! 

On Friday morning we had check up appointments at the doctor's, which went off without a hitch untiiiiil Han had to get blood drawn...

-- Han -- 
I went down to the lab and the nurse had me sit down. She fussed around for a minute then stuck the needle in while I sang a song in my head to try to distract myself. On the fourth little vial of blood I was feeling pretty over it - I'm not afraid of getting blood drawn, I just find it suuuuper uncomfortable. Anyway, just as I was starting to feel a little light headed, she pulled out the needle and was done! I rested my head back against the chair and -- next thing I know my eyes are shut, I feel like I can't move my body at all, and I have no idea where I am! I open my eyes, still having zero motor control over my body, and absolutely freak out. In what I can only describe as sheer panic, I started hysterically sobbing and gasping for breath - super embarrassing. The nurse calls over the loudspeaker "emergency personnel to the lab! Emergency personnel to the lab" and 10 or 12 people come rushing in to see me completely outta control. So. Embarrassing. Ha! I'd started to pull myself together and regain control of my arms and legs when they asked if I wanted them to get Lucy. Luce strolls in, no rush whatsoever, and says with the worst bedside manner you can imagine "are you crying?" I sniffled out a "yeah" and laughed, no chance I'll ever become a diva with Luce around! Hahah I pulled myself together and was allowed to go soon thereafter, but I was pretty shaken up! I've seriously never been more disoriented or confused in my life, very unexpected for a Friday morning in NoHo!

-- Han & Luce --
Han's fainting episode meant we were a little late to rehearsal, oops, but when we got there the whole cast of GGGG was finally back together! Woo!! It was our last run through of the show before the first performance on Saturday (yesterday!) and it was so fun to see all the changes in people's scenes and catch up with the gang.
After rehearsal we went to the Grove with Sullivan for dinner (Indian food, yum!) and a movie. We saw The Fault in Our Stars and it was sooo beautifully done! We laughed, we cried - although not as much as the row of hysterically sobbing, attention-seeking middle school girls in the row in front of us! Wow! Haha the movie was so wonderful though that it barely even distracted us; it was such a satisfying adaptation of the book and honestly just perfect in every way. We went for Sprinkles round 2 this week, incredible as always, then called it a night early in preparation for the HUGE Saturday we had planned!

On Saturday morning Luce was up bright and early for an audition at 8:00!

-- Luce --
Wowww Saturday was a huge day for me! I had an audition at 8 for a short film so I was up nice and early so I could make it on time! The audition was really quick and I was done by 8:15!! I stopped by Ralphs on the way home and bought some berries to make delicious smoothies for brekkie and then Han and I hung out for a bit and headed out to the show!! Woo!

-- Han & Luce --
Next on the agenda was Greasy Grimey Gopher Guts! We got to the theatre at 11:00 for a couple last minute brush ups before the performance at 12:00! The show went really well! No stuff ups at all - including in the penguin dance which, with our modifications, was actually quite challenging! Mum came with her friend Robin (who helped us move in to our apartment in Feb!) and Robin's daughter Melissa who's our age, so sweet of them to come! We went out to lunch nearby afterwards and had some seriously yummy Greek food!
Luce had to run off to another audition at 2:00 and Han was catering for an event for Bronzed Aussie at the Australian Consul-General's house in Brentwood, la dee!!

-- Luce --
My audition was for a part in a student film and after having an incredibly difficult time finding a place to park, I made it there and auditioned! The guy that was casting it was so friendly and made it a funny and memorable experience! After the audition was over, I headed home and had a glorious nap! I was completely out of it - so exhausted!! I woke up just in time to leave and pick Han up from her catering job!

-- Han --
The Consul-General's house was SO beautiful and, even though I was late, I ended up being the first one to arrive! It was a pretty low stress job - setting up tables, putting out glasses, stocking the ice buckets with drinks, taking food around on trays. Samantha from Bronzed Aussie was there for a little while too and her friend Laura who I'd met before was my partner in crime for the whole event and she's such a sweetheart! It was a short event, just from 3:30-7:00, so it was over before I knew it! I had a lovely chat with Karen, the Consul General, got tipped in Aussie money because they didn't have anything else, grabbed a couple leftover pies, and headed out to the car where Luce was waiting for me. Success!

-- Han & Luce --
We had a couple hours at home before Sullivan came over to get ready for a big night out in LA!! Woo! We had SO much fun!!! We met Chad at Lure in Hollywood, skipped the line (so cool!), and went inside..
It's SUCH a cool club! He had a table so we chatted and met some lovely people before heading out onto the dance floor! 
We danced the night away and headed to an after party in the Hollywood hills with Chad and his friends!
The house was beautiful and everyone there seemed great but we didn't stay long and decided to call it a night. We got an Uber home, with a stop by a 7/11 for Ben & Jerry's and a cookie, and after sitting on the floor making a mess and eating ice cream, we all fell into bed. What a wonderful first night out as a great little trio!! It couldn't have gone better!

Today the three of us woke up late and made a glorious run to our new local Mexican place, Cactus, for breakfast burritos and Mexican coffee - yum! We spent the rest of the day watching the 2nd season of Orange is the New Black (so addictive) until Sully had to go. 
We ran a couple errands and before we new it, it was GoT night time!! We had amazing turkey burgers, caught up on each other's lives since last time, and watched a satisfyingly epic episode of Game of Thrones! Only one week left, SO crazy!! We spent a surprisingly long time afterwards playing a charades-like game on Eddie's iPhone. The absolute highlight was the Facial Expressions deck, including "constipated" and "silly" to which Lucy guessed mentally retarded after Mike's non-verbal clue, hahaha never a dull moment at GoT night!!

It's been such a action-packed week in the most amazing way, we're totally high on life right now and looking forward to more adventures over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment